Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Vexatious Villains

I was supposed to study for my final exam... but I turned to my blog instead. LOL. Just want to share some facts about these 4 villains with you all :D

Freddy Ghost

This ghost invades the dreams of guests in the castles, giving them nightmares about stolen whisky from the cellars.

Scare factor: OMG!
Rarity: Legendary Nocturnal
Souvenirs: Glengreens mini

Discussion: Personally, I believe that Freddy is the easiest from these four villains. My catch count up to now is 14 Freddys. He seems to love mocktails, Devil Driver attracts him quite nice. I haven't extensively research on him, though, but the rarity factor "Legendary" is the same as Nessy-only ghosts such as Kelpie and Cu Sith. I suspect whether he is able to be attracted using Nessy instead of mocktails?

Update: My friend just caught one Freddy with the Glengreens mini. He was using Nessy's without any + attraction at all! That was one interesting found there ^^

2nd update: I've managed to get the Glengreens mini, with Nessy + 3. Two Freddy's appear at the single night. He was quite easy :D

Jason Ghost

This ghost has become so accustomed to his hockey goalie mask that he will keep it on even in death. Same goes for his machete, which he now uses to chop off the necks of bottles!

Scare factor: OMG
Rarity: Legendary Nocturnal
Souvenirs: Moormist mini

Discussion: This is by far, the hardest ghost to catch in R3. Its global catch count is 11,159 at the time I wrote this post, compared to the 13,913 of Shiny Golden Ghost which only appears on Haunted Weeks. This just shows how RARE is this Jason guy. My catch count for Jason is ZERO. How on virtual Scotland could that be? Well, I haven't start my hunt on this guy yet. Some discussions on the forum suggest that Devil Drivers + some attraction bonus still yields almost no sightings of Jasons. Same suspicion as Freddy's: will Nessy's attract him?

Update: Last night I was trying to catch him using Nessy + 4 attraction but yield no results. Will continue to search him again tonight...

2n update: Nessy + 3 works!! Attracted him once per midnight, and the second Jason drops his mini for me. Consider yourself lucky if you have attracted him, he's one tough guy.

Ripper Ghost

This ghost is rumoured to have committed terrible deeds in London during the 19th century. So far, the only crime that can be proven is the taking of magic potions.

Scare factor: Stunning
Rarity: Epic Nocturnal
Souvenirs: Moonshadow mini

Discussion: This legendary killer is also one of the rarest ghost in GT. Its global catch count at this writing time is only around 15K. I only caught him once. If I recall correctly, it was using mocktails (either Devil Drivers or Nightcaps) since I was hunting for ghost DJs at that time. I haven't experimented with Nessy's though.

Jigsaw Ghost

Many ghosts owe their current state of being to this ghost and the silly games he has forced them to play.

Scare factor: Lethal
Rarity: Boss Nocturnal
Souvenirs: Whisperwind mini

"The Jigsaw ghost seems to be primarily attracted by Nessy's Golden Reserves, although the cocktails have yielded at least a few catches each."

Discussion: This psycho-clown seems to be easier then Jason and Ripper, I caught him three times already. However last night I was using DD + 4 attraction yet I didn't attract single Jigsaw. Furthermore the special quote from wiki brings up the confusion, whether Nessy's is really effective to attract him? Some discussions on forum suggests that DD + 5 attracts him well, but is it really sure?

Update: I accidentally got his mini. Furthermore, it's on DAYTIME. It was using this setup: MM/WP/CW/Nessy/Goat as I was Nessy-hunting. I don't know what to say, I think it's just pure luck. But it shows that he is actually quite easy to attract (easier that Jason or Ripper, at least).


General Suggestions for Villain Huntings

1. T/SC: They can only be caught on midnight hour everyday. Hence it is advised to use a 2-min hunt setup. That means SHQ, dragon whelps, Devil Drivers, and/or Nessy's are the things you must have.

2. Baits: Devil Drivers and Nessy's. Nightcap might be tested, too, since we need the -3 t/sc. I don't recommend other mocktails which has no t/sc reduction, since you can't achieve the 2-min setup if you use such baits.

3. Attraction: I am suspecting this component plays the most important part in this matter. So you need everything that gives you attraction boost: platinum ID card, MBS, EPH, vilevere (I don't have it T_T), little cu sith, etc. Since you have to focus on t/sc and attraction, loot can be sacrificed for the time being. We need the ghosts to actually come first, we need to know what bait and how many attraction works best. You cannot satisfy t/sc, attraction, and loot all at the same time... unless you have nice augmentations of donation pets, of course.

My Little Cu Sith has +2 attraction augment, thus the total is +3 attraction. And he has x2 loot multiplier. I managed to craft a Nessy+3 setup which is quite all-round in tsc, raw, attraction, and loot:

Ether Portal/Wax Pyramids/Nessy/ CW/Little Cu Sith/Devoted ID/Witch Cauldron

Which gives 290+ raw, 71 mystic, +3 attraction, and considerable amount of loot. Furthermore it is 2 min cooldown. If you change Nessy to Nightcap, the circle can be changed into Neon lights or some other time reducing circles.

Feel free to comment here if you managed to catch (even without dropping the souvenirs) these four villains, possibly with the setup (at least the bait and the + attraction). It might be useful for others!

See you on the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment